Test your Ethernet cable. Prove the speed limit.
Wireless access point speeds at the end of the network are out-pacing the speeds of the installed cabling in the middle of the network. Is it possible that your installed cabling will handle speeds beyond design spec and will keep up with speeds of the new wireless access points? Is it possible to leave your CAT 5e and CAT 6 cables in place, and achieve 1Gbit/sec speeds? 10Gbits/sec speeds?
To find out, with the single press of a button, three key tests are run with the NetXpert XG. In one click, NetXpert XG performs a live speed test sending 1Gb/s through your cable (BERT), and will prove if the cable will perform beyond design spec and keep pace with the speed of newly installed access points.
NetXpert XG is the only cable tester and active network manager to perform BERT (bit error rate test), SNR (signal-to-noise ratio), and delay skew to 1G, 5G, or 10G speeds at the press of a button. Now you can perform real-time bit throughput tests to see if your installed cables will run up to 10Gb.
One touch bit error rate test, signal-to-noise ratio, and delay skew
By performing a Bit Error Rate Test (BERT) and standards based tests as per IEEE 802.3an, the NetXpert XG proves the error-free data transmission up to 10Gb/s.
A one touch auto test includes BERT, signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), and delay skew, all of which can impact Gigabit transmission.
Signal-to-noise ratio checks to ensure noise is low enough and signal is high enough for reliable transmission. Delay skew indicates the signal time delay between the wire pairs. Excessive delay from one pair can result in a serious degradation of transmission performance making it impossible for the receiver to interpret the data stream correctly.
All three crucial measurements for determining reliable data transmission are performed at the touch of a button. When you are ready to test the next cable, hit test again, and NetXpert XG advances automatically to the next cable being tested. Each test result is automatically stored to a summary report and a detailed report in pdf, csv, or xml format.
The cable qualifier that is defining a new category — the cable project qualifier
If you are a cable installer, network owner, network builder, or system integrator, you’ll be excited to hear that NetXpert XG includes a project editor and auto test generator for up to 1000 cables, and test reports you can keep for your records or leave with your customer. Once the tests are created, plug in the cable, click test, and NetXpert XG starts testing the cable to IEEE 802.3 standards to prove the speed of your cable. Not only do you get a wiremap and cable length, NetXpert XG tests BERT, SNR, Delay Skew, distance to opens, shorts, or miswires. As a bonus you get active network tests for copper, fiber, and wireless. And, with 2 NetXpert XG local units, you can test fiber cables.
Cable Project Qualifier
- Use the project editor, cable test editor, test label editor to pre-configure your cable testing projects
- Press test to automatically sequence up to 1000 cable tests from the local or remote device to increase cable testing efficiency when working alone
- Test data cabling for IEEE 802.3 compliance at data rates up to 10 Gb/s (BERT)
- Determine signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) for compliance up to 10 Gb/s
- Measure delay skew for compliance up to 10Gb/s
- Measure length of cable with TDR and capacitance measurements for highly accurate test results and easier troubleshooting
- Full-color wire map shows distance to open, distance to short, miswires, split pairs, and shield on a color graphical display
- Save test results and generate standards-based measurement reports providing “Pass/Fail” indication in pdf, csv, or xml format
Perform active network management
- Support for IPv4 and IPv6
- Discover your network and see the connected network devices
- Identifies defective PoE switches with a PoE load test
- DHCP test
- Ping lists can be defined and saved for later use
- LLDP/CDP detection and analysis
- Identifies VLANs present in your network
- Data transfer from the tester to the PC using USB stick, wireless, or bluetooth connectivity
|Length Measurement Technology||Time-Domain Reflectometry (TDR) and capacitance|
|Cable Measurements||Cable Testing and ID: up to 1,000 ft (305 m)
Split Pair Detection: 3 ft (1 m) to 1,000 ft (305 m)
Length Measurement: 0 to 1,500 ft (457 m), ± (5%+1ft (30 cm))
Distance to fault: 0 to 656 ft (200 m) ± (5% + 3ft (1m))
Supports 8 wiremap remotes (RJ 45) and 24 RJ-45 ID only
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||Test supports IEEE 802.3af PoE (Type 1, max 15.4W),
IEEE 802.3at PoE+ (Type 2, 30W) and 802.3bt PoE++ (Type 3, 60W)
Future proofed for IEEE 802.3bt Type 4 100W higherpower PoE
|Active Ethernet||Network and test support by interface:
Copper RJ-45 interface –100/1,000/2,500/5,000/10,000 Mb/sec link speeds
Fiber SFP+ #1 interface supports 10Gb/sec link speed
Fiber SFP+ #2 interface supports 1Gb/sec link speed
WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4 Ghz WiFi and Bluetooth
|Maximum Voltages||Maximum voltage that can be applied to any 2 connector pins without causing damage to the tester:
RJ-45: 60 VDC or 50 VAC
|Save Test Results||Stores virtually unlimited cable or network tests with user defined names per project|
|Tone Generation||Tone Frequencies: 730 Hz and 1440 Hz|
|Languages||English, German, French, Spanish|
|Battery||Li-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 3.1A-hr (typical)
Battery Life at 10Gb: 5 hrs minimum, 24 hrs stand-by
|Temperature||Operating: 14 to 140° F (-10 to 60°C)
Storage: -22 to 158°F (-30 to 70°)
|Humidity||10 to 90% non-condensing|
|Enclosure||Injection molded plastic|
|Display||7″ Color TFT-LCD capacitive touch display,
1024 x 600 resolution (WSVGA)
|Size||245 x 177 x 73 mm (main unit)
130 x 177 x 55 mm (Active Remote)
|Weight with Battery||2.6lbs (1.2 kg) main unit
1.3lbs (0.6 kg) Active Remote