OPC UA Server Gateway for Siemens SINUMERIK 840D Controllers
The gateway allows reading the complete SINUMERIK 840D machine tool data. It provides access to the NC part with its axis, tool, program and drive data as well as specific alarms. In addition, a connection to the integrated SIMATIC Siemens S7 can be established. The data from both connections are available via the OPC UA and MQTT interfaces and thus can be used for various Industrie 4.0 applications.
With uaGate 840D, important spindle and axis data, such as torque and power consumption, can be read and reused in various applications. In addition, the active program as well as sub programs and the currently used tool is accessible. For instance, these data are available for condition monitoring, predictive maintenance, for data logging or for analysis tasks, such as spindle and axis monitoring. The gateway can also be used to acquire data from older SINUMERIK 840D controllers. Due to the preconfigured data symbol file for the standard use case based on one channel, three axes and one spindle, the user does not require any specific SINUMERIK know-how for reading the data.
The product can simply get mounted next to the SINUMERIK NCU on a DIN rail and requires 24 VDC power supply. It has two independent Ethernet interfaces, one addressing the machine and the other addressing the IT network. Between these, the gateway acts as a firewall. The configuration is performed in just a few clicks using any web browser and the integrated web server.
Access to Siemens SINUMERIK PLC and NC Kernel Data
- Access to many different Siemens SINUMERIK 840D Solution Line controllers
- Data integration into higher level management tools like ERP, MES or SCADA systems
- Embedded OPC UA Server providing open, platform-independent communication
- Access to NC area containing axis, tool, program,drive data and specific alarms
- Use of data for analysis, condition monitoring, predictive maintenance or data logging purposes
- Additional Siemens licenses not necessary
- No PLC or NC Unit programming required for configuration
- Usage of predefined symbol files for standard configurations like one channel with one spindle and three axis (four drives)
- AWL file upload of user-defined NCVar Selector symbol files for NC Kernel connection
- Easy symbol import from SIMATIC STEP 7 projects for PLC connection
- Gateway configuration using any standard web browser and integrated web server
- Physically separated Ethernet interfaces protecting SINUMERIK from unauthorized access via IT network
- Support of security standards like SSL/TLS, X.509 certificates and user authentication for OPC UA and MQTT communication
Scope of Delivery
- The uaGate 840D gateway can collect up to 20000variables
- Polling frequency depends on different paramters. Il can be between 15ms to 80ms